American Pancakes for Valentine's Day Lunch

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and since I was at home, I was the one in charge of making lunch. My dad wanted pancakes, so I made them. We usually make normal, thin pancakes, but yesterday I made American pancakes. You know, the thick, fluffy ones. I changed the recipe a little bit, so the pancakes actually were whole-wheat and not so sweet (who needs sugar in the pancake, if you can put a pound of Nutella on it :D) and in the end they were really fluffy and tasty and thick. Yum. And now, cause I'm such a nice girl, I'm gonna share the recipe with you.

What do you need?

  • 2 cups of white flour
  • 2 cups of whole-wheat flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 cups of milk
  • 1 baking powder
  • 4 teaspoons of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of salt


What to do?

Put the flour, salt and baking powder in one bowl and mix it well. Take another two bowls. Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in the other. Beat the egg whites into snow (until they are hard and you can put the bowl upside-down over your head and it doesn't fall down). Add the sugar and milk to the egg yolks and mix well with a mixing machine. Add the mixture to the "flour mixture" and mix it well. And in the end, add the egg whites and mix everything WITH A SPATULA (IMPORTANT! They get more fluffy if you don't mix it with the mixing machine and if you use a spatula). Heat up a non-stick (teflon) pan and use a small scoop to pour the mixture to the pan. The pancakes should be small (about 10 cm wide). When bubbles appear on the top, you turn the pancake around and bake the other side until it's golden brown.

What about the topping?
You can use whatever you want: Nutella, jam, fruit, maple sirup, butter, cream...my favorite are pancakes with Nutella and bananas. :)

That's it. Enjoy the yummy fluffy pancakes, just like my family and I did. ;)

Love, Kaja

 

0 komentarji:

Objavite komentar

Copyright © 2014 RANDOM BLONDE LAW STUDENT